The Department of Buildings (DOB) will require a Concrete Safety Manager in every construction sites where a minimum of two thousand (2,000) cubic yards of cement shall be poured beginning January 2009. By July 1, 2009, concrete safety managers must be fully registered with the Department of Buildings and have their name in the permit application.
DOB authorized Concrete Safety Manager Certification training course dealing with site safety and concrete processes will probably be among the list of needs for obtaining permit.
Concrete Safety Manager Training Requirements
- Concrete Safety Manager will need to have a minimum of 5 years of practical experience in concrete procedures. Working experience should be recorded with notarized text letters from previous and present companies.
- Concrete Safety Manager is required to be present to manage all concrete processes during the entire project.
- Concrete Safety Manager needs to coordinate with Site Safety Manager on record with the job.
- The contact details and name of the Concrete Safety Manager should be complete in the Site Safety Manager record book.
- A Concrete Safety Manager could only be responsible for concrete processes a single site at any given time.