Material Handling is often a process or procedure exactly where cranes or any other material handling equipment shift hefty loads by lifting them to the specified place. Even though this job appears easy, the rigger (someone who specializes in the moving and lifting of incredibly large or heavy materials) along with the crane operator should be aware that there are possible dangers.
The majority of accidents take place when:
- Lack of knowledge of rigging & lifting methods
- Little or no exposure to rigging hardware
- Poor upkeep of the lifting equipment
To avoid accidents (individual and damage to property), therefore, it is crucial that all persons working in the lifting procedure get rigging hand signals training course to be well-informed in the fundamental ideas of lifting, rigging and hand signaling. Extremely important are the individuals doing work under really dangerous situations like platforms, ships, swamps and rough terrain. Coaching and safety training of the workers dealing with these equipments is important to obtain a safe and successful job.
Rigging & Hand Signaling Training Course Description
Completing rigging hand signals training with success trainees should be able to do the following:
- Describe the components of a given wire rope or steel cable structure
- Describe the employment of rigging hardware
- Calculate the load size of provided material or load according to given data and specs
- The routine maintenance and check up of wire ropes, slings, etc. based on proper process
- Demonstrating appropriate rigging & hand signals to the operator when managing material handling equipment.