The Site Management Safety Training Scheme is an element of the Construction Skills (CITB) Site Safety Plus range of safety training courses which are highly recognized in the construction industry and generally known as being the top standard of qualifying measures for SMSTS Training.
This five day course is made for those in an active site manager position, together with other safety professionals who have a supervisory post in the workforce. It’s suitable for those desiring to get a more descriptive legal, moral and social knowledge of their function and also educates delegates the best way to manage on-site health and safety relative to up to date rules.
10,000 individuals are properly trained on the SMSTS health and safety training course annually. Construction professionals who desire to get a site manager function in future and also current site managers who want to refresh and develop their information would be perfect to SMSTS training course. Construction employees need to be proficient in their understanding of health and safety. The Construction Design and Management Regulations 2007 (CDM) put the obligation on business employers to make sure this is the situation. The SMSTS training course meets this requirement completely and will qualify people who have the very best level of training possible.
The safety training course covers a huge array of health and safety subject areas and at the end of the training delegates will be aware of and then:
- Carry out all health, safety, welfare and environmental regulation which has an effect on them during their work
- Carry out new guidance and industry best practice desiring to
- Clearly convey their health and safety, welfare and environmental obligations
- Comply with current legal requirements whilst handling health and safety on site in the function of manager/supervisor
- Obtain understanding of their duty and accountability for other people welfare and health and safety on site
- Understand the fact that a site needs to be safe in order to be productive, efficient and economical
Delegates must pass 3 core examinations a written exam at the end of the safety course in order to entitle to the SMSTS Construction Skills Site Safety Plus certification. Certificates of qualification are distributed by Construction Skills and stay valid for five years.
Please try not to be confused of Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS), with the Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS).